- Development programme confirmed for works-run sports prototype in LMP1 category
- First race planned for the year 2014
- Porsche is the most successful marque at Le Mans with 16 overall victories
Porsche today announces its return to Le Mans with a works-run sports prototype race car in the top LMP1 category. The first outing of the completely newly-developed car is planned for the year 2014. Read More »
The first McLaren car built for racing outside of Formula 1 since the McLaren F1 GTR will make its public dynamic world debut at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed, held from 30 June-03 July. The new GT3 car, based on McLaren’s MP4-12C high-performance road car, will appear in its revised form, honed during a recent intense period of development.
Read More »
Three female students at Mid-Cheshire College were given an insight into careers in motorsport at Oulton Park recently. The day, which was organised as part of National Motorsport Week, aimed to challenge the perception that motorsport is a male-dominated industry whilst showcasing some of the opportunities available. Read More »
The very best in British designed and engineered electric high-performance cars are set to feature this week at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed FoS-TECH Exhibition, as the first of a series of public displays this summer by the EEMS Accelerate programme.
EEMS Accelerate is presenting four cars which intend not only to challenge the general perceptions of electric vehicles, but also aspire to go that step further, by evoking genuine passion for the future of sustainable motoring – and for the future of the British motoring industry. Read More »
- Local teachers and careers advisers invited for a tour of the McLaren Technology Centre as part of Government’s ‘See Inside Manufacturing’ campaign.
- Ron Dennis, Executive Chairman of McLaren Group and McLaren Automotive, gives his full backing to the Government initiative.
- Guests see McLaren Automotive’s new high-performance sports car, the MP4-12C, being built and speak to some of McLaren’s graduates about why they chose engineering as a career. Read More »
- ‘Battle of Britain Memorial’ display from Spitfire & Hurricane
- 18 races for 200 iconic saloon, GT, single-seater & sportscars
- 300-plus classic car display and counting
- Major WWII theme for public dressed in period style
Read More »
EuroRallye have become sole UK & Ireland agents for Estonian Honda gearbox specialists Bollverk. Bollverk are a small firm with a big reputation in Scandinavia for providing reliable dog gear kits for the Honda Civic Type R. EuroRallye will work with G&M Mechanical Services, who run the EuroRallye Honda Civic Type R hire car, to provide a UK based build and service centre for British and Irish customers. Read More »
- Youngest ever works-supported driver to take Spark up the hill
- Cameron Davies to drive with Lord March’s son
- Formula 1000 Junior-spec car suitable for under 17s
He has already ‘Spark-ed’ a sensation by becoming the youngest ever works-supported rally driver, and now 16-year old Cameron Davies is going to put himself in the spotlight once again, as the youngest person to drive at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed. Read More »
For legendary engine additives brand STP, the Goodwood Festival of Speed provides the perfect opportunity to re-engage motorsport fans with its world-class racing roots, including the evocative STP March 711 Grand Prix car.
Owned by historic racing enthusiast, Mike Wrigley, the immaculate 1971 Formula One car, presented in its original STP livery, is as eye-catching and engaging as it was when originally in action. Read More »