Grand Prix racing’s most visually distinctive period will be celebrated at the 73rd Goodwood Members’ Meeting, on 21-22 March 2015. From 1971 until early 1976, Formula 1 cars were fitted with increasingly outlandish airboxes, towering high above the drivers’ heads, and more than 25 models from this innovative and extravagant era will grace the Goodwood Motor Circuit at the Members’ Meeting. Read More »
- Formula Ford racing drivers improve on their Ford Fiesta ST’s official fuel economy figures by almost 60 per cent in 2014 MPG Marathon
– The pair squeeze over 75 mpg from the same engine that they race at over 150 mph
– Annual MPG Marathon takes 26 entrants on a 300-mile route to reward hypermilers using the least fuel to return the most miles per gallon
Read More »
Grand Prix legend takes life at a more gentle pace as he attempts the Bonhams London to Brighton Run in his 1904 veteran car.
Motor racing star Ross Brawn OBE, has swapped the high-octane world of Formula 1 for a rather more leisurely form of transport.
Brawn, architect of countless F1 and sportscar world titles for Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button, Ferrari, Benetton, Jaguar and his own Brawn GB team, is taking part in his first London to Brighton Run Veteran Car Run. He will be driving his own veteran car and it will, he says, be “…a real challenge.” Read More »
- After securing its first FIA WTCC title* in Shanghai, the Citroën Total team is off to Japan
– José María López could become the first Argentine to win an FIA World Championship since Juan Manuel Fangio claimed his fifth and final crown in 1957
– In the other two Citroën WTCC C-Elysées, Yvan Muller and Sébastien Loeb are already focusing on their preparations for the 2015 season
In the FIA WTCC the race never stops, not even when the chequered flag comes down. There wasn’t much time to celebrate Citroën’s first World Championship title in the series, in Shanghai, last Sunday. As soon as the WTCC C-Elysées had been loaded into the containers, they set sail for Japan for the penultimate round of the season. Read More »
- Influence Associates is named a winner in the Issues Management and Crisis Communications award category
– The agency was recognised alongside Lansons for its Corporate Communications campaign for London Stock Exchange listed Stobart Group
– Influence Associates beat off stiff competition from the likes of Inmarsat for the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 disappearance, Direct Line Home Insurance and the controversial Book of Mormon musical
Leading London communications agency Influence Associates has been named a winner in the Issues Management and Crisis Communications category of the 2014 PR Week Awards. Read More »
- Silverstone to host World Series by Renault in 2015
– Full event details to be released early next year
The 2015 World Series by Renault dates have been announced by Renault Sport Technologies and are set to feature no less than six circuits used by Formula One and a welcome return to Silverstone for the British round. Read More »
Goodwood is delighted to announce the provisional dates for both the Festival of Speed and Revival meeting in 2015.
The Festival of Speed, which celebrates the very best from the past and present of motoring and motor sport, will be held on 25-28 June, 2015. As has become tradition, the event will open with the Moving Motor Show on Thursday, 25 June. Read More »
The electric vehicles taking part in this year’s MPG Marathon demonstrated how cost effective and reliable they were by completing the course in virtually the same time as their competitors – but by using less energy and with no pollution.
Three electric vehicles took part for the first time in the 23-team eco-driving event, which was again sponsored by ALD Automotive and TRACKER and was won by Honda engineers Fergal McGrath and James Warren, driving a Honda Civic Tourer and recording an outstanding 97.92mpg. Read More »
- 155,000 spectators experience Audi one-two-three victory in DTM finale
– Mattias Ekström celebrates second victory in succession
– Audi beats BMW and Mercedes-Benz in the manufacturers’ championship
Audi is the best manufacturer in the 2014 DTM. With a one-two-three victory in the finale at Hockenheim the brand with the four rings in front of 155,000 spectators (throughout the weekend) managed to recover the title in the manufacturers’ championship from BMW. Read More »
- Audi sets new standards for piloted driving
– Audi RS 7 piloted driving concept completes Hockenheimring lap driverless at racing speed
– Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg, AUDI AG Board Member for Technical Development: “This top performance substantiates the skills of our development team with regard to piloted driving at Audi.” Read More »