- Musician, writer and presenter Fuzz Townshend epitomises Brits’ love for old metal
– Filming at Beaulieu International Autojumble
– Current series: ten classic vehicles to re-commission in 24 weeks
– Car SOS: aired in over 100 countries, bought by Channel 4/More4
– Sunday slot pulls over half a million viewers Read More »
On 13th September, motorsport will enter a new era with the first ever FIA Formula-e race, staged in China on the streets of Beijing. Contested in 200kW (270hp) electric single-seater race cars, this championship is set to provide an important framework for research and development into “zero-emissions” vehicles. Highly committed to electric vehicles with its Z.E. range, Renault provided its expertise in the design of the Spark-Renault SRT_01E, the car that will be used by the ten teams competing in the championship. Renault is equally the title partner of the e.dams team set up by Alain Prost and Jean-Paul Driot. Sébastien Buemi and Nicolas Prost are the drivers tasked with competing on behalf of e.dams-Renault during the ten rounds of the inaugural season of the FIA Formula-e championship. Read More »
The first Mercedes was a racing car, its most recent successor carries this heritage forward: with the new Mercedes-AMG GT, the Mercedes-AMG sports car brand is moving into a new, top-class sports car segment for the company. The GT is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. Its front mid-engine concept with transaxle and the intelligent aluminium lightweight construction form the basis for a highly dynamic driving experience. Its likewise newly developed AMG 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine underscores the hallmark AMG driving performance. The first sports car engine with internally mounted turbochargers (‘hot inside V’) and dry sump lubrication is configured in two output ratings: as a GT with 462 hp and as a GT S with 510 hp. The new GT combines driving dynamics and first-class racetrack performance with superb everyday practicality, and efficiency that sets new standards in the segment.
Read More »
After two solid performances last month at Sonoma Raceway, Dyson Racing Team Bentley is ready to sprint into Rounds 15 and 16 of the Pirelli World Challenge. The season finale double-header races take place at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah on Friday, September 12 and Saturday, September 13. Read More »
The Goodwood Revival, takes place from 12-14 September and once again, there will be plenty of 1940s, 50s and 60s icons for all to see on the track. This week we reveal the top 10 motor sport legends announced so far as follows:
Read More »
For 47 years AMG has been home to some of the fastest, mightiest, most exciting road and race cars ever created – the latest chapter of which is revealed at 19:30 GMT tonight. So this seems to be an excellent time to reminisce…
AMG was formed by two motorsport enthusiasts – Hans-Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher.
Read More »
Internationally-renowned photographer Uli Weber will launch a brand-new book celebrating the Goodwood Revival at this year’s event on September 12-14.
Weber’s work has featured in both the Saatchi and V&A Galleries and his most recent published book, ‘Portraits’, featured a collection of exquisite images of famous faces such as Daniel Radcliffe, Sting, Bruce Willis and Kylie Minogue.
His latest work, entitled ‘Goodwood Revival’, published by Skira, will celebrate the magic of the world’s largest historic motor racing and vintage lifestyle event, held at the iconic Goodwood Motor Circuit on the edge of England’s South Downs National Park. Read More »
- Rare footage of legendary Maserati 250F released to mark 60th anniversary of iconic Formula One racer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFCfrmKQ1Kg&feature=youtu.be)
– Unique collection of 16 Maserati 250F racing cars go on display in special ‘Monza Paddock’
– Miniature vintage Maserati cinema created for Earls Court Motor Show exhibition
– GranCabrio MC and Ghibli Diesel on display Read More »
- Jaguar Land Rover Driving Challenge to kick start the Invictus Games, with the first medals of the Games awarded.
– Teams from 11 Invictus Games nations to compete in all-terrain and tarmac driving stages, held at the Jaguar Land Rover Design and Engineering Centre in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
– Jaguar Land Rover is Presenting Partner of the 2014 Invictus Games and is committed to exploring ways to enhance the valuable role of veterans as skilled employees, to create a lasting legacy for the Games. Read More »
- Sights set on lead of manufacturers’ classification
– Many Audi fans traditionally turn out at the Lausitzring
– Dieter Gass, Head of DTM: “First season victory for Audi remains the aim”
Read More »