Allan McNish lies second in the FIA World Endurance Championship after the Scotsman claimed the runners-up position in his hybrid diesel Audi in the Spa Six Hour race (Saturday 4 May).
Dumfries-born McNish shared his Audi R18 e-tron quattro with Tom Kristensen (DK) and Loïc Duval (F) and finished 65.815secs behind the similar Audi of Marcel Fässler (CH)/André Lotterer (D)/Benoît Tréluyer after 168-laps around the famous 4.35-mile Ardennes track having started from third place on the 35-car grid.
McNish won the opening Silverstone race last month and now lies just one-point off the lead in the eight-race series. Read More »
- McNish determined to increase FIA World Endurance Championship points lead
- Jarvis using Belgian race as an important Le Mans “dress rehearsal” in “long tail” R18
FIA World Endurance Championship leader Allan McNish along with fellow Briton Oliver Jarvis race their respective hybrid diesel Audi sportscars in Belgium on Saturday (4 May) aiming for a trouble-free “dress rehearsal” for Le Mans.
The Spa Six Hours is the final race before next month’s annual 24 Hour race in France (22-23 June) and sees a three-car hybrid diesel Audi R18 e-tron quattro entry from defending Le Mans race winners Audi Sport Team Joest. Read More »
- First success for new Audi R18 e-tron quattro
- Allan McNish celebrates “home” victory with Loïc Duval and Tom Kristensen
- Second sports car triumph for Audi in the 2013 season
Read More »
Britain’s Allan McNish got his 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship title aspirations off to a flying start on “home soil” in the season-opening six hour race at Silverstone today (14 April).
Dumfries-born McNish and co-drivers Tom Kristensen (DK) and Loïc Duval (F), swept their hybrid-diesel Audi R18 e-tron quattro to a 3.462secs victory to lift the coveted Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy ahead of the “sister” Audi – the German manufacturer dominating the race almost from start to finish. Read More »
Allan McNish begins his quest for the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship title in the season-opening six hour race at Silverstone on Sunday (14 April).
The Scotsman and Tom Kristensen (DK) are joined by Loïc Duval (F) in a hybrid-diesel Audi R18 e-tron quattro for all eight races spanning four continents including the Le Mans 24 Hours in June.
Dumfries-born McNish bids for his fourth and Audi’s fifth victory in the corresponding Silverstone race which sees the coveted Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy awarded to the race winners for the first time.
McNish commented: “This year’s race will have a different feel due to it [unusually] being the first round of the championship, the fact that it’s in April and the RAC Tourist Trophy is up for grabs. Read More »
- 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship starts at Silverstone
- WEC season opens in UK, Europe’s second-most important market
- Thrilling hybrid duel expected with Toyota
Read More »
- First triumph of a hybrid race car at Sebring
- One-two victory of the Audi R18 e-tron quattro on U.S. debut
- Fässler/Jarvis/Tréluyer win endurance classic
Read More »
- Audi aims for 11th win in 12 hour sportscar race since 1999 debut
- Allan McNish to debut new 2013-spec R18 e-tron quattro
British duo Allan McNish and Oliver Jarvis are both eager to sign off Audi’s participation from a historic sportscar endurance race by scoring the German manufacturer’s 11th victory on Saturday (16 March).
Dumfries-born McNish and fellow Audi Sport “factory” driver Jarvis, from Burwell near Newmarket, Cambridgeshire, race separate diesel-hybrid Audi R18 e-tron quattro sports-prototypes in the Sebring 12 Hours. Read More »
- First race for the Audi R18 e-tron quattro in the USA
- Farewell event for LMP1 class with historic automobile exhibition
- Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich: “Emotional race weekend”
It is a debut and a farewell at the same time: the Audi R18 e-tron quattro contests the 12-hour race at Sebring (Florida) in the USA for the first time on March 16 and, in doing so, makes the legendary racetrack ‘home of quattro’. At the same time, it is provisionally the LMP1 sports car’s final appearance in the North American endurance classic. Read More »
Allan McNish (Dumfries), Oliver Jarvis (Cambs) and Jamie Green (Leics) attend traditional Audi winter camp in Ofterschwang along with fellow Audi factory drivers. Read More »