- The Can-Am name to join the collection of historic McLaren models to run up the Goodwood Hill this summer
- The ultimate McLaren racers of the 1960s and 70s honoured by the most powerful 12C produced to date
- A short, high definition video showing the M8D Can-Am racer in detail and the 12C GT Can-Am Edition on track can be viewed here:http://youtu.be/xZoZME-itbE
Read More »
Michelin returns to the Goodwood Festival of Speed (FoS) 2013 with a special new attraction in the shape of cooking demonstrations by Michelin starred chefs on the Company’s main exhibition stand.
Michelin starred chefs Jason Atherton (Maze, London and The Pollen, Singapore) Richard Davies (Bybrook, Castle Combe), Matt Gillan (The Pass, Horsham) and Michael Wignall (Michael Wignall at The Latymer, Bagshot) will join Michelin in the main festival arena for a series of exclusive demonstrations. Read More »
Ford’s FF1, a Formula Ford-inspired 1.0-litre track car will make its public debut in the UK at the 20th Goodwood Festival of Speed, taking place from July 11-14.
The three-cylinder EcoBoost-powered FF1 sits side-by-side with some of the world’s most exotic supercars following its astonishing pace around Germany’s famed Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit. The single-seat, road-legal car with a top speed of almost 160mph, completed a lap in 7min 22sec to register the 11th fastest time ever on the circuit putting it ahead of 600+ horsepower supercars such as the Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari Enzo and Pagani Zonda. No other three- or even four-cylinder car has posted a faster time at the legendary circuit. Read More »
- ‘Project 50’ Historic 911 race car unveiled at Goodwood Festival of Speed Media Day
- Initiative celebrates 50th Anniversary of iconic sports coupe
- 1965 911 will appear at races in Britain and Europe during 2013, with drivers from past and present behind the wheel Read More »
- Goodwood Press Day (20 March) begins countdown to Festival of Speed, 11-14 July
- Seven generations of 911 display the genetic code of the iconic sports coupe from 1963-2013
- Porsche 911 marks 50 years with distinctive Central Feature sculpture display at Goodwood
- Victorious 1984 Paris Dakar 911 rally car and 1998 Le Mans-winning GT1 ’98 from Porsche Museum
- Porsche Cars GB unveils ‘Project 50’ Historic 911 ahead of 2013 race programme
Read More »
- 202 mph Continental GT Speed Convertible and Speed 8 Le Mans cars to star at the Festival of Speed
- Le Mans legends Derek Bell and Guy Smith driving for Bentley
- New Flying Spur to headline Bentley’s largest presence at Goodwood
Read More »
Michelin returns to the Goodwood Festival of Speed (FoS) 2013 as proud sponsor of the Supercar Paddock.
For its second year hosting the Michelin Supercar Paddock, the Company will team up with British racing driver Tim Harvey to put on a show of high-velocity entertainment at the UK’s flagship automotive and motorsport event, which runs from 12 to 14 July 2013. Read More »
Created 58 years apart, two very special, aluminium-bodied, rear wheel drive Mercedes-Benz took to the Goodwood Hill today as the 2013 Festival of Speed was launched.
The mighty 300 SLR “Uhlenhaut” Coupé, built in 1955 and driven at Goodwood by Jochen Mass, was joined by its modern successor – the SLS AMG GT, the very first example to arrive in the UK. Read More »
VŪHL – remember the name. It is that of a highly specialist vehicle manufacturer that’s about to sprint from the shadows. The company’s first product, the VŪHL 05, is a road-legal lightweight supercar that’s been precision-engineered for the track and endowed with exhilarating performance. It will be launched at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, UK, July 11-14 and bring a breath of fresh air to the premium track-day sector.
While VŪHL has been a well preserved secret (until now), its inventory of renowned suppliers and development partners reads like an international who’s who of the performance car industry, and includes: Magna Steyr, Multimatic, Ford and more. Read More »
- Porsche 911 marks 50 years with memorable ‘Central Feature’ display at Goodwood
- Stunning line-up of 911 race and road cars to star at the 2013 Festival of Speed, 11-14 July
- Goodwood is a key part of the global anniversary celebrations of the Porsche 911 in 2013
- Further special announcements from Porsche planned during the event Read More »