Skip navigation

After an emergency meeting was called today (1st March 2018), the organisers of the 2018 Grooms Garage are deeply saddened to announce that the event, scheduled for Sunday 4th of March is postponed.

We do hope to find a suitable date to run later in the year.

Due to the covering of snow and ice both on and off the stages in the region at this time, added to the fact that the forecast for the next 48 hours shows little sign of that abating, organisers have put the safety and welfare of our officials, marshals, volunteers, spectators and competitors above that of the rally.

The committee feel it would be irresponsible to put any of the rallying fraternity in a position of danger, potentially even just travelling to the event would have been a challenge and we sincerely hope that you will support our decision.

Clerk of the Course Wayne Jones is devastated by the announcement, but believes it was the right call to make.

“The organisers came together earlier today (Thursday 1st March) and concluded that postponing the event was the only safe choice for everyone.

We did consider waiting until tomorrow to see what conditions were like when the setup team went in, but looking at the forecast, we thought it would be dangerous for them to be in the forest with a predicted forecast of -9C temp with -20C wind chill and heavy snow.

We would like to reiterate that we do plan to run the event later in the year and extend our thanks to our sponsors Grooms Garage and our championships for their continued support.”

Competitors will be contacted regarding refunds.

%d bloggers like this: