Race Retro, the international historic motorsport show, will look to the future of Historic Motorsport with a brand new feature celebrating young hot-shoes who are competing in Historic race series with their eye on becoming professional racing drivers.
‘Teenage Kicks’ will feature the three youngest drivers currently competing within the Historic Sports Car Club’s race series for Historic saloons and Historic Formula Ford 1600, which celebrates the 50th anniversary of Formula Ford in 2017. Read More »
The final meeting of the 2016 FIA WTCC season, in Qatar, marked the end of Citroën Racing’s involvement in the championship. The Citroën C-Elysée WTCC claimed its fiftieth victory in three seasons, and in his farewell to elite motorsport Yvan Muller secured second place in the World Championship, behind his teammate José María López. Citroën’s track racing adventure has come to an end after three consecutive world titles. Read More »
– Renault Sport Formula One Team concluded its first FIA Formula 1 Championship season with seventeenth position for Jolyon Palmer and an early retirement from Kevin Magnussen.
– Renault Sport Formula One Team ended the year in ninth position in the Constructors’ Championship with Kevin Magnussen sixteenth and Jolyon Palmer eighteenth in the Drivers’ Championship. Read More »
– Special races at 2017 Silverstone Classic to mark major milestone
– Record 54-car grids to celebrate 50 years of Formula Ford
– Entry-level formula which launched future World Champions
– Early Bird tickets now on sale with significant savings Read More »
– Briggs Automotive Company (BAC) finds itself on the winner’s podium once again, with its one-of-a-kind Mono scooping TopGear’s Best for Selfish Sundays Award in the magazine’s Best Cars in the World issue
– The Best for Selfish Sundays Award celebrates a car that is purely for the driver’s enjoyment for days on the open road
– BAC’s Mono is the world’s first and only single-seater road-legal supercar that aims to provide the most authentic driving experience
– BAC recently hit headlines after winning two Northern Automotive Alliance (NAA) Awards for International Trade and Logistics Excellence
Read More »
– Race Retro celebrates 50 years of the Cosworth DFV engine with creature Mike Costin
– Display features cars from the Donington Grand Prix Collection including the William FW08
– Race Retro marks the start of Donington’s celebrations of 40 years since Donington Park reopened
– New Race Retro organisers promise a ‘Super Show’ to mark the event’s 15th anniversary. Read More »
Sandwell’s Founder and Technical Director has been awarded the prestigious Shot Peener Magazine’s “Shot Peener of the Year 2016” accolade, becoming only the third-ever British recipient in the history of the award.
The Shot Peener magazine presents The Shot Peener of the Year award to individuals in the industry who have made significant contributions to the advancement of shot peening.
“It is our pleasure to award Colin McGrory the Shot Peener of the Year Award”, commented Jack Champaigne, editor of The Shot Peener magazine and chair of the SAE Committee for Surface Enhancement. Read More »
Omologato Watches have opened a new retail outlet for motoring and watch enthusiasts in South Africa.
Details on the new outlet can be found at http://www.omologatowatches.co.za and continues to build on the success of Omologato’s sustained period of growth over the course of the last financial year of trading. This year has seen exponential growth from sales of motorsport inspired timepieces from across the globe. Read More »
– Briggs Automotive Company (BAC) recently hit the headlines when its Mono supercar set evo magazine’s fastest ever lap time at the Anglesey Coastal Circuit, and the feat is now available to watch online
– Mono saw off the likes of McLaren’s P1 and 675LT, the Ferrari 458 Speciale and Porsche’s 918 Spyder and 911 GT3 RS to officially become the fastest road-legal car ever tested by evo
– The bespoke British supercar also bettered times from race-specific models such as the McLaren P1 GTR and Radical RXC Turbo 500
– Its remarkable time of 1:07.70 is one whole second faster than the slick-shod P1 GTR hypercar’s best
– Watch the world record lap here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXGUWB4LqxM Read More »
After a long hiatus, the 2016 FIA World Touring Car Championship draws to a close in Qatar with two night races at the Losail circuit. Although the titles are all sewn up already, by Citroën and José María López*, there will be plenty of emotion as the Citroën Total team completes its final WTCC race. Yvan Muller, who is in contention for second in the championship, is also calling time on a fabulous career in top-class racing.
Citroën Racing’s foray into global track racing, which began in 2014, will end on Friday 25 November 2016 after 69 races for the official C-Elysée WTCCs. In three years, the car, the most sophisticated ever built for the discipline, has dominated its competitors, winning 88% of available pole positions (30 out of 34) and 73% of its races (49 out of 67). Read More »