Following on from his class victory earlier in the month on Wales Rally GB, Steve Perez was once again in action in the Lancia Stratos and again saw him take a class win on this weekend’s Trackrod Rally Yorkshire.
Along with Welsh co-driver Paul Spooner, the pair were in action in the Amigos Tequila-flavoured beer liveried car and had a good run through the opening stage in the darkness in Dalby Forest on Friday night to lead their class. Read More »
Allan McNish starts his hybrid diesel Audi from pole-position for the Bahrain Six Hour race tomorrow (Saturday 29 Sep).
Dumfries-born McNish stopped the clock at the wheel of the Audi R18 e-tron quattro he shares with Tom Kristensen (Den) in a fastest time of 1min 45.814ecs, an average speed of 114.40mph around the 3.36-mile Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir in today’s (FRI) 20-minute qualifying session.
“From pole position you can’t get a better starting point for a race,” commented McNish who switches to the hybrid diesel for the first time since the Le Mans 24 Hours in June. Read More »
The dates for next summer’s National Motorsport Week have been announced. Now entering its third year of joint-promotion by the two leading bodies in UK motor sport – the Motor Sports Association (MSA) and Motorsport Industry Association (MIA) – National Motorsport Week 2013 will run from 29 June to 7 July 2013. Read More »
– Global debut of new McLaren ultimate supercar
– McLaren P1 aims to be the best driver’s car on both road and track
– The large adjustable ‘active’ rear wing adjusts automatically to boost downforce and optimise aerodynamics
– Mid-engine design that uses a carbon fibre monocoque and roof structure safety cage called MonoCage, and lightweight carbon ‘multi-purpose’ body panels
Read More »
MG enthusiasts have a new event in the calendar to look forward to as the organisers of the Spring International MG Show and Spares Day launch its Indoor autumn event at Sandown Park Racecourse, Surrey, on Sunday 7th October.
Whether you’re the driver of an early two-seater model or a fan or the later sporting saloon, everyone is welcome so come along and enjoy fantastic displays from the UK’s most dedicated motoring clubs, showcasing many rare and stunning examples of MG models through the ages. Read More »
• Bentley’s CEO Dr Schreiber meets new Business Minister Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP
• Schreiber outlines Bentley’s plans to return to motorsport Read More »