North Yorks race circuit joins F1 teams in celebrating UK’s National Motorsport Week
Croft Circuit will join the likes of Britain’s Formula 1 teams such as Red Bull, McLaren and Williams in celebrating National Motorsport Week (30 June-8 July).
Hot off the back of its big Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship meeting, the North Yorkshire venue is inviting public to take part in high-speed passenger laps around its challenging 2.3 mile track from 10.30am-1.30pm next Thursday 5 July. Read More »
Ferrari proudly showed not one, but two UK debuts at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. The mid-rear engined two-seater 458 Spider features a fully retractable aluminium hard-top roof, a world first for a sports car with this layout. The innovative folding hard-top is 25kg lighter than a traditional soft-top while being both quieter and more thermally efficient.
Read More »
The rigorous development programme of Jaguar’s forthcoming F-TYPE sports car today stepped up a gear as the model made its global public debut at Goodwood’s Festival of Speed. Read More »
Fancy lapping the legendary Silverstone circuit in a supercar? If so, this is one superb special offer you just can’t afford to miss.
As part of National Motorsport Week (30 June – 8 July), Silverstone is offering everyone* the chance to book one of its renowned ‘Thrill’ experiences for just £60 – a massive 50 per cent saving on the standard £120 price. Read More »
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) will display the ultra-low carbon XJ_e plug-in hybrid engineering research vehicle at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
The XJ_e demonstrates how an advanced parallel plug-in hybrid design can deliver reductions in CO2 emissions of over 70 percent, without compromising vehicle performance. Read More »
All-new RS 4 Avant and six other RS flagships vie for attention with eagerly awaited newcomers and futuristic electric concepts at Festival of Speed
– UK show debuts of the A1 quattro, all-new A3, RS 4 Avant, new generation RS 5, A6 allroad quattro, S6, S7 Sportback, S8
– All the RS heroes from the first Avant RS 2 to the present day RS 3 Sportback, TT RS and RS 4 on parade
– UK debuts of the all-electric A3 e-tron and Urban concept design studies
– 560PS R8 GT Spyder, Le Mans-winning R18 e-tron quattro and historic Auto Union Type C Grand Prix car will all power up the hill
Read More »
– Suspended Aveo takes centre stage on Chevrolet stand plus other exciting events
– Visitors can view the full Chevrolet range on display at the show
– Chevrolet stand celebrates rich American heritage and racing success at world’s largest car culture event Read More »
– Web App launches at 0900hrs on Friday June 29 inviting millions of Porsche fans to the ultimate automotive garden party
– App features a live content feed from the event combined with information about the Porsche presence at the Festival of Speed, 2012.
– The Origin Live Web App is available to download now at: http://www.porsche.co.uk/goodwood
Following the successful launch of Porsche Origin, the automotive industry’s first dedicated brand hub for digital content at the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed, Porsche is once more inviting fans to join the brand at the event in 2012 with a brand-new Web App, Origin Live. Read More »
MG enthusiasts flocked to Silverstone Circuit to celebrate all things MG, as the MG Car Club’s showpiece MGLive! event (23 & 24 June) assumed centre stage for a 62nd successive year.
Despite some challenging conditions, MGLive! attracted thousands of devotees from 24 different nations and provided something for all ages to enjoy.
Visitors were treated to a fine array of arena action, car displays, traders and social activities. Read More »