– Olympic cycling legend to race in Le Mans 24 Hours 2016
– Made possible through Nissan’s accelerated driver development program
– 2015 LMP3 champion and most successful Olympic cyclist becomes first British Olympic Gold Medallist to race
Olympic cycling legend Sir Chris Hoy’s motorsport dreams of competing in the world’s most famous endurance race will become reality this June when Nissan powers the six-time Gold Medallist at the Le Mans 24 Hour. Read More »
– Leading London car dealer Hexagon has moved into its flagship new headquarters on Great North Road in East Finchley
– With the main showrooms complete, housing the finest modern classics and classics, Hexagon has overall space for over 50 cars
– Next phase will see a coffee bar open within the next eight weeks
– Final stages of the redevelopment will see a restaurant with a Michelin-starred chef and design store opening later this year
Read More »
The 2016 World Touring Car Championship begins at the Paul Ricard Circuit, a happy hunting ground for Citroën Total. For the final season of its track racing adventure, the two-time World Championship winning team is lining up two Citroën C-Elysée WTCCs on the grid, with José María López and Yvan Muller at the wheel. The Argentine and the Frenchman, who between them have claimed six of the last eight titles will be looking to continue their winning streak.
As in 2014, the FIA World Touring Car Championship gets under way at the majestic Paul Ricard Circuit. After a four-month hiatus, which the teams spent fine-tuning their cars, the moment of truth has arrived. Read More »
– Dates and themes now confirmed for the 2016 Wilton Wake-Up season of informal Sunday morning gatherings for like-minded car and motorcycle enthusiasts
– Six free-to-attend Wilton Wake-Ups will be held during the 2016 season within the beautiful grounds of Wilton House, Wiltshire
– The fourth-season 2016 Wilton Wake-Up themes have been carefully considered to appeal to the curious as much as the discerning enthusiast, promising a diverse range of fascinating vehicles, both old and new, large and small, attainable and out-of-reach
– The Wilton Wake-Ups are organised by the same team who run the popular Wilton Classic and Supercar event, set for a dramatic re-launch in 2017 Read More »
– Concours of Elegance 2016 tickets are now on sale, as the first star cars are announced, including a 1900 Daimler 6hp first bought by King Edward VII
– From 1962, Concours of Elegance will be displaying a Ferrari 250 GTO raced by legendary British driver Graham Hill
– The stunning one-of-seven 2016 Touring Superleggera Disco Volante Spyder will also be on display – a UK debut
– More than 1000 cars will be on display at Windsor Castle as part of the biggest Concours of Elegance yet, from 2-4 September
– Tickets are available now at: http://concoursofelegance.co.uk/tickets/
Read More »
DS Virgin Racing enters the second half of the Formula E season, with Team Principal Alex Tai keen to maintain focus at the Long Beach ePrix looking for strong performances from both drivers Sam Bird and Jean-Eric Vergne.
As Formula E prepares to take centre stage in Los Angeles, California, DS Virgin Racing is coming to the home of its sister companies Virgin Galactic and Virgin America.
The team has several podiums and a win to its name but is now focusing on challenging the top three teams, aiming to close the gap in the championship standings this weekend. At 1.32 miles and featuring seven turns, the Formula E cars will race a modified configuration of the iconic Long Beach street circuit, previously used for Formula 1, CART, Champ Car and IndyCar races. Read More »
The Volvo V60 Polestar becomes the world’s safest safety car in a new long-term agreement with the FIA World Touring Car Championship, starting in the season-opening WTCC Race of France at Circuit Paul Ricard on April 1-3rd.
The Volvo V60 Polestar Safety Car, specifically modified with mandatory safety equipment, and its crew, which consists of a driver and observer, will lead the WTCC field ahead of the races and will also follow the pack on the opening lap. Read More »